In order to use office 365 at its fullest, you need to activate office. However, when you try to activate office 365, sometimes it shows an error that is activating office error code 0x80070005. But, you don’t have to take any kind of tension, as by taking Office 365 Support you can easily get rid of this error. Before taking support from deft professionals, you can try activating office and resolving error code 0x80070005 on your own with the help of some simple steps.
Here are some actions that you can try to get rid of this problem.
If the Office 365 Error code 0x80070005 comes in to view right after updating Windows, then you can eliminate this error by updating the registry files.
- Close all the Office apps which are currently open.
- Open the run dialog box by pressing the windows and R key on your keyboard simultaneously.
- In the run box, type regedit and then hit enter.
- In order to make changes to your device, you need to choose yes, when prompted to allow registry editor.
- From the registry editor, expand HKEY_USERS and choose S-1-5-20.
- At here, Right-click on S-1-5-20 and then select Permissions. After that you need to click on Add.
- Enter your logged in user’s name, select check name and then select ok.
- You need to select advanced after doing above step.
- Under the advanced security settings, go to permission tab and then choose the user that you just added and then choose edit.
- In this basic permissions tab, you need to choose full control and then choose ok.
- This will take you back towards the advanced security settings.
- Go back to advanced security settings then from the permissions tab, choose network service and then select edit.
- In the basic permissions, choose full control and then choose ok.
- This will again take you back to the advanced security settings.
- Under the Advanced Security Settings, choose the checkbox that has name Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object and then click on OK.
- At last, close the registry editor and then try to restart any office app and activate it again.
After performing all the mentioned steps, you need to update office 365 to ensure that you have the latest fixes for these activation errors. Next, try running office as administrator that helps in fixing the permission issues that might be the reasons behind the activation to fail. If any issue takes place, then you need to take Microsoft Office 365 Support and make connection with deft professionals. After taking their support, you will surely be able to eliminate this error on your own.