Nobody wants their system to slow down when they are playing their favorite video games. You will find many options to stop these hindrances while video gaming on your PC. Here are the instructions mentioned below on how to optimize Windows 10 for gaming.
Steps to Optimize Windows 10 for Gaming by Updating GPU Drivers
Turn on the Windows Automatic Updates
- Press the Windows and Q keys on the system keyboard.
- Press on the Updates option.
- Open the Windows Update Settings menu.
- Click on the Advanced Options button.
- Turn on the Pause Updates option.
Turn on Automatic Updates on Steam
- Go to the Steam application.
- You need to right-click on the game to optimize Windows 10 for gaming.
- Choose the Properties option.
- Select the Betas option.
- Search for the latest game version which you wish to return.
Enable the Game Mode in Windows 10
- Keep pressing on the Windows and I keys together.
- Enter “game mode” in the given section.
- Select the “Control Game Mode for optimizing your PC for games” option.
- Choose the “Game Mode” option when you get the game display on the desktop.
- Enable the Game mode to optimize Windows 10 for gaming.
Change Visual Effects Settings in Windows 10
- Long press on the Windows and I keys together.
- Enter “performance.”
- Choose the “Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows” option.
- Choose the “Adjust for best performance” option.
- Press on the Apply button.
Download DirectX 12 to Optimize Windows 10 for Gaming
- Long press on the Windows and R keys together on the system keyboard.
- Enter “dxdiag” in the provided column.
- Click on the OK button.
- In case you have not downloaded the DirectX 12 yet, then you need first to upgrade it.
Optimize Windows 10 for Gaming Using Third-Party App
You can search for the many applications to optimize Windows 10 for gaming. All the applications will disable the automatic updates, background processes, and many other processes which slow down the speed of the computer. Here are some of the applications to speed up the Windows 10:
Wise Game Booster
The Wise Game Booster is a small software which will empty the space of the RAM, ensure that you best optimize Windows 10 for gaming. This application is simple to use, and you will get to know its feature when you enable it.
Razor Cortex Game Booster
Razor is a popular name in the gaming platform. This application is very useful in case you want to optimize Windows 10 for gaming. This application is free to use and provides the best gaming performance.
Victoria Parker, an employee currently living in USA and working at a top email service provider company in the day, and a technical writer at night. I am passionate about writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news, and other articles on varied topics like Quicken Support, Quickbooks Support, Quicken Support Number etc.