In case you ask Amazon Echo to play music from YouTube, then a dialog box will appear on display asking your choose the internet browser you wish to use. Once you have selected it, the YouTube application will start auto loading on the Amazon Echo. Make sure that you cannot open the YouTube application by using the voice feature. Here’s how to play music from YouTube on your Amazon Echo.
Steps for Playing Music from YouTube on Your Amazon Echo
• Enable the Bluetooth on the system which you had already paired to Amazon Echo.
• Now, you need to ask ‘Alexa, pair Bluetooth.’
• Go through the guidelines for connecting the Amazon Echo with the system
• Go to the YouTube application on the smartphone or in the internet browser in case you are using a computer.
• Now, you have to play a song as per your choice.
• The song you have selected should be played in the Amazon Echo.
Steps for Adding a Skill to Alexa to Play YouTube
• Open the Alexa console.
• You need to create an Amazon Developer account in case you are not an existing user.
• You have to click on the No button in case you will get this type of questions “Do you plan to monetize apps by charging for apps by displaying ads from the Amazon Mobile Ad Network or Mobile Associates” or “Do you plan to monetize apps by charging for apps or selling in-app items” on your Amazon Developer window?”
• Press on the “Create Skill” option.
• You need to enter a title for the skill.
• Choose any one language should be the same as the Amazon Echo selected language.
• Select the “Custom” option according to the model you are currently using and after that, tap on the “Create Skill” option.
• Choose the “Start from Scratch” option.
• After that, press on the Choose button.
• Press on the “JSON Editor” located on the left side.
• You need to remove everything entered in the search bar.
• Find the code from GitHub, and you have to start copying it.
• Start pasting the code which you have copied into the JSON editor.
• Tap on the “Save Model” option located at the upper side of the display.
• Press on the “Interfaces” option.
• Turn on Audio Player.
• Press on Save Interface.
• Tap on Endpoint
• Choose “AWS Lambda ARN.
• Press on “Save Endpoints.
• Tap on “Permissions.”
• Enable Lists Read.
• Press on Custom.
• Tap on Invocation.
• Press on Build Model.
• Tap on the Text option.