AOL due to its amazing and user-friendly services, surely becomes the most preferred software by thousands of people across the world. It offers a stress-free user-interface and a free email service. It has made lives quite easy for people, and they use it for navigating through the web, news, weather forecast, and many more. However, one of the annoying things that can happen with anyone is when their account gets hacked. If this happens with you, then you can delete the hacked AOL account and create a new one. To do so, kindly follow the entire blog; and for any further doubts feel free to contact aol support phone number.
Reasons why someone deletes the AOL account
Apart from the account getting hacked, there can be different reasons due to which a user decides to delete the account. Some of them include
- Not able to send and receive mails
- AOL website doesn’t load
- Issues in the ‘Account Settings’
- Not supported in Windows
Steps to follow to delete the hacked account
Here is a list of some of the general and easy steps that the users can try manually. Do not procrastinate on this matter as your personal information is at stake.
- On the internet browser, type ‘aol.com’ (without parenthesis)
- Log in to the account ( using your username and password)
- After that, click on ‘My Account’ at the bottom of the page.
- Now, select ‘Manage my Subscription.’
- Answer the security question that follows and then click on ‘Forgot password.’
- Look for a confirmation mail in your email ID.
- Tap on the link in the email and then proceed to reset the password
- Now, on the AOL page, click on ‘Cancel.’
- You will be shown the list of services that won't be accessible once you delete the account
- From the reasons enlisted, choose anyone for deleting the account
- After that click on Okay
- Your account is successfully deleted
While executing the given steps, if you come across any difficulty, then feel free to dial aol customer service. You can directly have a word with the experts, and they will help you to resolve all your queries.
Read more – aol tech support
Source URL: How to delete a hacked AOL account