You might have observed that your device gets dark after a particular time. If you wish to wake your device from sleep or else want to make it go to sleep earlier, then you should prefer changing the preconfigured factory settings.
For changing Sleep Settings on all Windows device, choose a Power Plan
For choosing a Power Plan as well as have its default Sleep settings, launch Power Options.
Note: There are many methods of doing it. The one you go for depends on the type of the Windows version that you are having. One way that works in all the versions is to press the combination of Windows+ R, then write powercfg.cpl, and tap on Enter.
- Firstly, go to the Power Options window, choose the arrow after the Show Additional Plans.
- Then, choose ‘Change Plan Settings’ after the ‘Power Plan’ you are focusing on.
- After that, choose ‘Cancel.’ Do it again according to your likes.
- Lastly, choose the Power Plan for applying.
Remember! You shall be able to make changes to the Power Plan with the help of the way mentioned over here. I feel it will be simpler for Windows 8.1 as well as Windows 10 users to do the modifications in Settings.
The method of changing Sleep Settings on your Windows 10 device
Have a look at the given below points properly.
- Firstly, choose the Start option. It will be placed in the end at the corner of the display.
- Then, write sleep.
- After that, choose Power and Sleep Settings. Most probably, it will be the top option.
- Next, choose the arrow by the pull-down lists for configuring the settings the way you wish.
- Lastly, choose the X option. It shall be located in the above corner of your window to close it.
The method of changing sleep settings in Windows 8 as well as Windows 8.1
Go through the given below steps carefully.
- Firstly, write sleep.
- Into the given options, choose Power and sleep settings.
- After that, choose the likely options from the given lists for applying.
The method of changing the Sleep Settings in Windows 7
- Firstly, choose the Power Options symbol.
- Then, choose the wanting Power Plan.
- After that, choose Change Plan Settings.
- Next, you need to use the lists for applying for the likely settings.
- Then, choose Save Changes.
- Lastly, you need to close the Control Panel. You can do it by choosing the X option. It will be present in the upper right-hand side corner.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.