Windows 10 by Microsoft is amongst the most used and likable Windows software by billions of its users across the globe. Windows 10 offers loads of amazing features and dark screen mode is one of them. Several users complain about dark mode not working issue on their Windows 10 system. If you are facing the same issue then I have shortlisted some of the best step by step methods to resolve it.
Here's how to fix Windows 10 dark mode not working in file explorer
Are you getting frustrated from the Windows 10 dark mode not working in file explorer error? Then follow the steps mentioned below to get rid of this issue:
Updating the Windows PC
- Go to the Start option.
- Click on the upper left-hand side of the display.
- Enter the "Windows Update" till you get the symbol.
- Press on the Windows Update settings symbol.
- Press on the "Check for updates" option.
- The Windows will check for new updates in case they are available now.
- Start scanning and repairing the errors.
- After updating the Windows.
- Start the system.
- Now, you will get the Dark mode on the screen automatically.
Turn on the dark mode once again
- You need to right-click anywhere on the screen.
- Now, you will get the pull-down list on display.
- Choose the Personalize option.
- Now, you will get the new window on the screen.
- Press on the Color option.
- It is located on the left-hand corner of the menu.
- Go down till you will get the "Choose your default app mode" option.
- Choose the "Light" option.
- Start the Windows once again.
- After restarting the computer, you need to choose the Dark option.
How to fix Windows 10 dark mode not working in file explorer in the registry?
You can fix the Windows 10 dark mode not working in file explorer error by going to the system registry. Here are the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Press the Windows and R keys together.
- It will launch the Run menu.
- Enter "regedit" in the search bar.
- Press on the OK button.
- If you tweak the registry, it can create many problems on the computer.
- If you don't want to lose the data or any other issues, then you need to take a backup of the computer registry first.
- For this procedure, you need to click on the File option.
- It is located on the upper left-hand side of the Registry Editor menu.
- Press on the Export button.
- Select the folder where you wish to store the file.
- Press on the Ok button.
- By going to the registry location bar, start copying and pasting the below-mentioned path:
- You need to right-click on the 'AppsUseLightTheme' in a correct window.
- Click on the Modify option.
- Now, you will get a new window on the screen.
- Enter "O" given under the "Value Data." option.
- Press on the OK button.
Customize the Command Prompt
- Go to the start option.
- Enter 'cmd' till you get the Command Prompt symbol on the screen.
- You need to right-click on the command prompt symbol.
- Choose the "Run as Administrator" option.
- By going to the console, enter the below-mentioned command:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v AppsUseLightTheme /t REG_DWORD /d 0
Mike Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Davis has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.