Courier delivery is very popular these days. And this is not surprising, because it is very convenient to get all you need without leaving home. Growing number of orders makes it necessary to increase the couriers staff who can quickly deliver orders to different points in the city. This type of employment is a great choice for young and active students who want to work in their spare time. However, the perspective of working as a courier on foot in some cases is not so bright. The problem is that during the day you need to visit a lot of places and you need to do it as quickly as possible, but there is no matter how active you are, you are not able to walk around the entire city in a day, and bearing the load slows you down even more.
An excellent solution to this problem is to use an electric bike. This is a great opportunity to visit more places, explore the city, and most importantly earn more money by completing more orders. Compared to a conventional bicycle, an electric bike does not require much effort when pedaling, as a small drive motor does all the work for you.
By using an electric bike for delivery, you can:
- Increase the number of completed orders without spending a lot of time and energy.
- Avoid long-term downtimes in traffic jams.
- Move through narrow streets, off-road areas, hills, even during snow, or use public transport (if you have a compact e-bike).
- Keep good physical shape.
- Support the environmental movement.
Choosing an Electric Bike: the Most Popular Models for Delivery
When choosing an e-bike for delivery, you should consider many factors. In this list you can find a selection of electric bikes that may be the perfect choice for you, and here we will discuss some interesting models and find out what their advantages are.
Green City E-Alfa is an electric bicycle with a high load capacity of up to 130 kg. The design provides for a lowered steel frame, wheels with a diameter of 24 inches, drum brakes, and a boing. A foldable trunk that can be turned into a wide platform is located behind the spring-loaded saddle. The lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 9 A/h and a voltage of 48 V ensures continuous operation of the battery up to 35 km. Maximum speed is up to 35 km/h. Its equipment includes mudguards, footrest, chain protection, fenders, headlight, lantern, basket in front. This electric bike is ideal for city trips.
- High load capacity.
- 4 colours to choose from.
- Height-adjustable steering wheel.
- Good configuration.
- Heavy – 34 kg.
- One speed.
The xDevice xBicycle 14 electric bike speeds up to 30 km/h and can run up to 35 km on a single charge. It has mechanical disc brakes, inflatable 14-inch wheels with cast discs. The electrical equipment is powered by LG lithium-ion battery. The model is equipped with a PAS system that operates in 7 modes, and the control is carried out by the gas handle on the steering wheel.
- The folding design and light weight (17 kg) allow you to easily transport the bike in public transport.
- Combining pedal+motor modes, you can travel up to 100 km on a single charge.
- The removable battery charge time is 4 hours.
- The electric bike comes complete with a trunk, fenders, bell, and smartphone holder.
- 1 speed.
SHULZ E-Goa is a compact foldable model for city and country rides. Thanks to the Panasonic Li-Ion battery with a capacity of 7.8 Ah and a voltage of 36 V and the BAFANG 250 W motor, the electric bike accelerates to 42.5 km/h, and the electric traction allows you easily overcome even the steepest hill. The battery charge lasts for 50 km. On the display, you can view the status of the motor, distance, speed, and other information.
- This model is quickly and easily folded.
- Protection of parts due to the planetary bushing.
- Maintaining a cruising speed of 15 km/h.
- 3 speeds.
- The configuration includes a trunk, reflectors, footrest, fenders, winkies, bell, and a case for a folded bicycle.
- Due to the small diameter of the wheels, there is instability during turns.
- There are no retainers for folded bike.
- There is no dampening.
A wide range of models in various configurations can complicate the choice, and the cost of an electric bike cannot be called moderate, so you should carefully consider this issue so that the income from working in the courier service can repay such an investment.