You can not only check out a dedicated web page through a browser but can do a lot more things. If you don’t use extensions on the browser, you must discover the best ones for you and use them. Though, if you already have a set of extensions on your browser, you need to manage them accordingly. Let’s check out the process of discovering, installing, and managing extensions on different browsers.
Finding and managing extensions on Chrome
There are thousands of extensions available in the Chrome Web Store to be used by Chrome users. Even they are categorized and feature user ratings. Here’s how you can find new extensions and manage the existing ones on Chrome:
1. Launch the Chrome web browser and go to the Chrome Web Store first and foremost, for installing new extensions.
2. From compatibility details to descriptions to reviews and more about extensions, everything that you desire to know is there for you. After going through all the available information, you can click the Add to Chrome option available in the top right section for installing.
3. A pop-up window will be shown on the screen, which will let you know the permissions given to the selected extension by default. They can access your browsing history and also modify website data. Hence, read the information carefully before using the extension.
4. If you have no issues, click the Add extension button. Otherwise, cancel the process by clicking the dedicated Cancel button.
5. Some extensions are instantly available for use, after installation, while some ask you to reboot the browser for betterment.
6. To see the list of installed extensions on Chrome, type “chrome://extensions” in the address bar and then hit the Enter or Return button.
7. You can check the details of extensions, remove them, and even enable/disable them accordingly from here.
Finding and managing extensions on Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is one of the first web browsers that allowed users to use extensions earlier. Now, there are around half a million add-ons available overall. You can check out more via third-party outlets. Go through these steps to learn how to add and manage Firefox extensions:
1. After opening the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type in “about:addons” and press Enter or Return key.
2. You will see the Personalize Your Firefox interface on the next screen. Several browser themes and extensions will be listed over there, and you can click on the “Add to Firefox” option to install the desired one.
3. For searching more extensions, you can click the “Find more add-ons” that is there on the top section on the screen.
4. Once you find the ideal extension for installing, click on the Add to Firefox option. A pop-up window will be shown on the screen, which will give the details of permissions required by the extension. If you are fine with the shown information, choose Add or click the Cancel button to leave.
5. A few extensions let you use them right after installation while others ask you to restart the Firefox browser for using them correctly.
Finding and managing extensions on Edge
You can easily enhance the functionality of Microsoft Edge by adding the ideal extensions from the Microsoft Store. Here’s the process:
1. You need to launch the Edge browser in your computer first and then head to the Menu section. You can get the drop-down menu by clicking the three-dotted icon and choose Extensions later on.
2. All the installed extensions will appear along with an On/Off button. You can turn on or off extensions with the given button.
3. For deleting any particular extension from Edge, click on the Uninstall button and keep following the instructions that you see on the screen.
4. If you want to download and install the desired extension from the suggestion list, click the Get button.
5. To see more exciting extensions, click on the Explore more extensions option.
6. You can easily download and install the extension by clicking the Get button only if it is free. The paid extensions will have the Buy or Add to cart option with them, for using.
Finding and managing extensions on Safari
Safari comes as the default Mac browser and boasts plenty of great extensions in the App Store. Follow the below-given process:
1. Go to the Safari browser icon and launch the browser from there.
2. Now, find the Safari option on the top left section of the screen and click on it.
3. You will see different options on the drop-down menu, choose Safari Extensions from there.
4. Once you select the Safari Extensions option, you will be redirected to the App Store and variety of extensions will be showcased over there.
5. If you want to use a free extension, click the dedicated GET button and then hit the Install option. For paid extensions, click on the price first and then BUY APP to purchase the desired extensions.
6. The Apple ID needs to be authenticated in both the cases though.
Davis Johnson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Davis has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.